Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Here we go! (for real)

I received an email from Today's Parent that touted a contest to find the next big blogger for Today's Parent. 


I have decided to use this to stoke my writing fire, potentially get noticed and at the very least practice my writing skills by actually posting a blog at least 4 times a week. I will choose my best one to "submit" by the end of the August deadline and then I will be chosen as a top-three finalist, win, then become an official blogger for TP in the Fall for three months, and then…the world. 


I like this goal. It's got a purpose, an end and therefore it motivates me to do something with my writing. And my life. Not that I don't have a life...I have an amazing one that I'm thankful for every single day. But there's something to be said about finding a passion and working it. I hate being envious of people who are "working" their passion - as in, working 37.5 hours a week and making a full-time salary for doing what they love. EN-VEE-US. And that's why I'm doing this blog. 


Actually, I began 30-something-sass to get me writing. And once you get writing, regularly, you get better. Right? So I’m choosing to blog about my life as a wife of Steve, mother of two amazingly-cool boys, worker in the financial services industry and all-around wicked-awesome-total-loser-30-something-girl-who-is-consummately-26-in-her-own-head. And just so you get a deeper understanding of who you're reading, I MAY be doing this because the horoscope that I read for the month of July (at astrologyzone.com) said I was going to be super-successful in the upcoming months so I figured I might as well attempt this writing thing now while the stars are aligned! And, there you have it. 


See you four times a week!! Ssy

originally posted: 8:10 AM - 2010-JUL-28

No comments:

Post a Comment