Wednesday, August 11, 2010

You gotta write if you wanna write



Ok, I’ve been away from this for a while but realize I need to work out my writing brain if I want to write, so here we go.

A few things have inspired me lately. One, this H1N1 hysteria has pissed me off. I hate being stressed about making an important decision on behalf of my children (read: to vaccinate or not to vaccinate). At very corner, there’s another person with an opinion - educated or not - that makes me rethink my own stance. And I could certainly do without the added worry from the media sensationalizing any and every story that will sell their newspapers or broadcasts. At this time (Nov 10) I still haven’t decided but plan to in the near future.

The second thing that inspired me to write is getting a note from an editor at cottage life in regards to an article idea I pitched to him in March…yes, March. (NOTE: Since embarking on this Journey to Publication, I have learned that writing is not about quick gratification). Although the editor did not actually accept my idea, he did not NOT accept it…meaning, he pointed me in the direction of a 200 word anecdotal piece for their On The Waterfront section (instead of a 800 word piece I pitched for a different part of the same section). A foot in the door is a foot in the door, even if it’s only 200 words…change that to a “published” 200 words.

The third inspirational twang was reading a girlfriends’ blog. She’s recently gotten herself back into the dating scene and has been graciously writing about the good, bad and adrenaline rush-ness of online meeting and greeting. I love reading about real life tense and stressful situations and hers are deeply fascinating. Raw and real and I love being with her, every step of the way!

Ok, so I’m back. Regular writing is key.

Thanks for reading, whoever you are.
Ssy

8:17 PM - 2009-NOV-15

No comments:

Post a Comment