Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Ok, I am officially the worst blogger ever.

Who has time to blog? Not me. I have tried, man. I really wanted to pump out three, maybe four entries a week, just for the month of August to prove I could be the Next Blogger for Today‘s Parent, but could  I pull that off? Sadly, no.

I started off while on vacation - it was a strong start, but even then I forced out three per week. Flash to returning to work in the second week of August and having to play catch-up for my two glorious weeks off as well as getting thrown in to three huge new business deals, and the pressure was on.

But that’s just my 9-to-5 job. I can’t forget having to take the kids to swimming lessons every day for two weeks straight and to soccer once a week, shopping for and attending two birthday parties, having overnight guests two weekends in a row, taking G to speech-therapy, running three to four times a week (ok, attempting three to four runs per week, which is also pretty exhausting). Excuses? I have a ton of them, but come on. How is a person supposed to find time to finish the Stieg Laarson trilogy, let alone write a blog?!!

This writing thing is such a commitment. I know this already. Everything that’s worth getting good at means making a commitment.  I know this from learning to play the guitar (I play chords well, but didn’t have the time to get really great), running (after the first three weeks of cardio-building, the battle is all about getting out of bed at 6 a.m. which I‘m also not great at), and writing. Writing is hard when everything else comes first. And that’s why I was trying to put this first for a moment, while I was relaxed (and possibly tipsy) on vacation up north, but alas, it just wasn’t meant to be.

I hate failing. But I hate not owning up to failure more. So here is my towel, my white flag, my hands in the air. I surrender, Today’s Parent. I am not your Next Top Blogger - this year. But I’d love to write an article that investigates the question, who has time to Blog? Let me know if you’re interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment