Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Subway Etiquette Vol. 2

Yesterday, I had the (dis)pleasure of standing directly in front of a guy, on the subway, who decided it was perfectly fine to eat a big ol' tupperware bowl full of cereal. With milk. And a big spoon. CEREAL. SUBWAY!


Besides the obvious grossness of all those subway germs diving into his breakfast, and for the very real potential to spill his gross germified-milk bowl all over me should the subway suddenly stop or start (WHICH HAPPENS ALL THE TIME), I really don't know why this angered me so much. I was raging and screaming at the top of my lungs, in my head, at this 30 year-old-Bran-Flake-eating-scruffy-lookin'-knapsack-wearing-hipster-jerk, just because he thought it was totally appropriate to eat his CEREAL on the SUBWAY. Slurping and chewing and letting the milk slosh all over the place, threatening to splash me at any sudden movement...

This one was so aggravating, it even tops my frustration with the Groomers - you know the ones who decide to clip their nails (I've seen finger and toe) while lounging in one of the seats as if it was their own couch in their living room, except, I bet they don't clip their nails on the couch in their living room because WHO WANTS TO WALK OR SIT ON DISGUSTING SHARP CLIPPED NAILS?

Why didn't I say anything to Cereal Boy? I don't know but it has bothered me for an entire day and a half. I'm hoping writing about it will banish it from my mind. Jerk.

Ssy

originally posted: 3:12 PM - 2010-JUN-10

No comments:

Post a Comment